406-422 W. 58th AVE. &
7425 Alberta st.
SENIOR HOUSING POTENTIAL DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITY
TOTAL SITE AREA:
- The site comprised of 3 attached residential lots has a total site area of approximately 17,645 sqft with a potential buildable of approximately 44,000 sqft.
- Located next to the iconic Langara Golf Course, the area is surrounded by beautiful green space, and encircling jogging and walking trails.
- 3 minutes walking distance to bus access on Cambie St.
- 5 minutes driving distance from Safeway supermarket and Oakridge Centre (and 3 stops away by bus).
- South Cambie/Langara area is home to numerous medical facilities and related services, as well as other senior care facilities. This site makes the perfect location for a new senior housing development.
Under the Marpole Community Plan, an apartment or senior housing development may be built with a density allowance of up to 2.5 FSR.
There are 3 single family houses on site.
SALIENT FACTS & SITE PLAN
Apartment redevelopment site with a potential to build up to 2.5 FSR under the Vancouver – Marpole Community Plan.
Frontage: 150.0 ft
Depth: 117.9 ft
- CURRENT ZONING: RS-1
- GROSS SITE AREA: 17,645 Sqft
- USES: Residential
- HEIGHT: Up to 6 storeys
- OCP: Marpole community plan
- DIMENSIONS: Frontage 150.0 Ft, Side 117.9 Ft
- ZONING DESIGNATION: Apartment
- POTENTIAL FSR: 2.5
- POTENTIAL BUILDABLE: ~44,000 Sqft
3D MASSING PERSPECTIVES
3D + AR Perspective
LAND USE DESIGNATION
- Height: up to 6 storeys.
- FSR: Up to 2.5*.
- Residential use permitted.
- 100% rental residential required in existing RM zones (rate of change) (see policies in 8.0 Housing**).
- Provide 2 and 3 bedroom units for families (see policies in 8.0 Housing**).
- Minimum 60 foot site frontage required for 6 storey developments.
- On sites 130 feet or deeper, 2 storey townhouse buildings may be constructed at the lane.
- Upper storeys massed/set back to minimize appearance of scale and to reduce shadow impacts.
- Provide public realm improvements that include increased sidewalk width (on some sites), street trees and amenities such as seating, bike racks, etc.
- The proposed floor space ratio (FSR) is an estimate based on intended urban design performance with respect to site size, form/typology, height and scale appropriate for respective locations and transition to adjacent properties. The development potential for each site may fall within, below, or, for anomalous sites, above the FSR range given and will be determined by careful analysis of individual proposals based on urban design and public realm performance and quality.
* Ref: Marpole Community Plan
** Marpole Community Plan Section 8.0
get in touch
Be among the first to be informed about this opportunity. Fill out the form or contact us directly at:
We'll keep you in the loop.